- Our Privacy Principles
- Sophia Lindop will only collect, transfer, process and store your personal information as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act 2013 with your consent and for the purposes it is required unless she is required for legal reasons to disclose same or in terms of applicable legislation.
- Sophia Lindop will process and retain your personal information as required in terms of applicable legislation and will destroy same upon the expiry of the applicable terms;
- Sophia Lindop may from time to time anonymise data which she will use purely for statistical and research purposes.
- Sophia Lindop aims to ensure your information is accurate and up to date.
- Sophia Lindop will take appropriate steps to protect the security of information you have provided to her in terms of industry standards.
- What information does Sophia Lindop collect?
- Sophia Lindop collects your Personal Information as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act.
What is Personal Information ?
- Personal Information refers to information relating to an identifiable living natural person and to some extent juristic persons and can be for example information relating to a name, identity number or email address.
- Sophia Lindop may also collect information on your browsing and device history as per the Website terms and conditions of use.
- Why does Sophia Lindop collect information on you?
- Sophia Lindop will process and retain your personal information for the purposes of selling her products to you or should you visit her website.
- Sophia Lindop may keep your information in written format and / or digital format and your record will include basic details about you such as your name, address and email details.
- Your information is safe and confidential with Sophia Lindop
- It is every customer’s right to expect that information held and used about them is safe and secure and only used for the agreed purpose.
- All our staff sign confidentiality agreements when they commence employment with us as part of their terms and conditions.
- Our staff will do their utmost to protect your confidential information.
- Where Sophia Lindop outsources certain functions and therefore the processing of your Personal Information to third parties or provide your Personal Information to third-party service providers, she obliges those third parties to protect your Personal Information with appropriate security measures in accordance with our standards and applicable law.
- Sophia Lindop uses your personal information for sending out newsletters, marketing or advertising purposes.
- Processing of Personal Information
Sophia Lindop processes Personal Information in the following ways:
- For internal and external purposes Sophia Lindop uses electronic and manual mechanisms to process Personal Information of customers and suppliers;
- Sophia Lindop maintains internal rules for the use of information through secure services and systems as well as for the purposes of investigating complaints;
- For the purposes of seeking payment from her customers or for making payment to suppliers;
- Sophia Lindop collects Personal Information to communicate new products to her customers or to communicate on the delivery of orders or existing products to her customers.
- Your rights as a Customer
- You have the right to request access to your information that Sophia Lindop holds and you can do so in a number of ways:
- You may request that she corrects any of your Personal Information she has on file if it is inaccurate or incomplete by contacting her on firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may request that she delete any information she holds on you.
- How long does Sophia Lindop retain your personal information?
- Sophia Lindop will only retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes the information was collected for, or as permitted by law.
- To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, Sophia Lindop will consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Information, legal considerations and the purposes for which Sophia Lindop processes your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- How does Sophia Lindop secure your Personal Information?
8.1 Your personal information shall be treated as confidential and collected, processed and stored by Sophia Lindop and her service providers in a manner that ensures appropriate security thereof, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures, which includes:
- security awareness and
- benchmarked information security measures
8.2 Sophia Lindop has put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where she is legally required to do so.
- Complaints, Compliments and Comments
If you have any questions, compliments, suggestions or a complaint please contact email@example.com.